The Business Analyst is responsible for documenting process and technology changes in an organization and advising and guiding clients during identification, prioritization, analysis, and resolution of challenges adversely impacting operating performance, with emphasis on the financial close process and financial & management reporting. In this role, the Business Analyst adds value by applying their understanding of the client’s business, financial analysis, process improvement, and information technology. Success is achieved by helping clients create innovative solutions that maximize operating performance, including the deployment and configuration of Business Process Management (BPM) solutions. The Business Analyst continuously enhances interactions between end users, sponsors, and internal team members by actively facilitating communication, assisting with project management, including PMO reporting and status activities.
- PMO Projects / Identification & prioritization of client initiatives: The Business Analyst will proactively work with clients to identify significant operating challenges affecting the performance of a client’s business. During engagements, the Senior Associate Business Analyst will:
- Earn the trust needed to be invited to client planning meeting, facilitation sessions, management meetings, etc. where new projects to improve operating performance are identified and discussed.
- Introduce the project methodology to help clients adopt a disciplined approach to organizing, quantifying, and evaluating the merits of potential improvement projects.
- Actively work with clients to accelerate the progress of high value project by eliminating low-value projects.
- Process Assessments: – the Business Analyst will use the project methodology to help clients develop a structured approach to creating solutions with sustainable benefits. The Senior Consultant Business Analyst will apply the following techniques:
- Client interviews
- Requirements gathering
- Process flow diagramming, particularly focusing on the financial close process
- Gap analysis & ROI
- Deliverable documentation
- Change management
- BPM Deployment Projects: – the Business Analyst will facilitate and coordinate the necessary resources from client operations to conceptualize, design, develop and implement BPM solutions needed to solve the business challenge adversely affecting a client’s business. The Business Analyst will be also responsible for constantly improving existing methodologies and/or developing new approaches to help clients be successful. The Senior Associate Business Analyst will provide:
- Client teams with status updates about client projects by entering them into the project methodology dashboard.
- Clients with system selection guidance during the evaluation and acquisition of commercially available Business Process Management software. This will include development of requests for information (RFI), request for proposals (RFP), vendor selection, and contract negotiations.
- Clients project management resources needed to facilitate the design, development, and/or implementation of BPM solutions.
- Develop training materials and educate/train and supervise client personnel and/or Associates in the proper use of methodologies developed or deployed solutions.
- Follow or develop standardize data collection, analysis, and documentation procedures to support current and future knowledge management capabilities.
- Research new technologies and techniques being used in finance operations and across industries that could be adapted to help solve client challenges.
- Overall guidance and supervision to associate resources or other client personnel who may be acting in a support role.
- Clients access to subject matter experts within the team during the project assessment and conceptualization of possible solutions.
Required Competencies and Characteristics
- One to five years of experience
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Project management certificate a plus, PMP ideal.
- Strong business acumen and experience with 2-7 years business experience.
- Consulting background a plus
- Experience in Consulting or Business Analyst on medium to large scale systems implementations, process re engineering, or other project-oriented work
- Experience in managing and improving performance of operational and financial processes in a back-office environment
- ERP or related BPM deployment experience preferred.
If interested in applying, please provide your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.