You will work with our clients to develop business requirements, document existing processes, convert these into design documents and then configure/build the software solution within and around the Oracle or SQL Server application. Excellent communication, software design and database development skills required.
Hands-on experience of 2-5 years with Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle RDBMS 8i/9i/10g/11g applications. Experience translating functional requirements to technical design specifications is required.
Broad technical exposure to several of the following desired: Microsoft SQL Reporting Services, OBIEE, Oracle Warehouse Builder, Oracle Discoverer, and Oracle Express. Experience utilizing ETL tools, including SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services & MDX Query, Data Transformation Services (DTS) a plus.
- Consulting Skills
Skills required include data gathering/research and analytical abilities so as to develop insightful conclusions and generate solutions to address end user needs. One must also be able to logically structure and author documentation with clear focus and content. In addition, one must be able to effectively prepare and deliver information and ideas through verbal communication (meetings and presentations).
- Client Service Skills
Interaction with clients requires strong client relationship and management skills. These skills manifest themselves through interpersonal relationship skills resulting in a good working relationship with clients and the client’s perception of you as a task leader. In addition, the ability to initiate, plan, execute and control project outcomes is crucial.
- Technical Skills
The BI developer must understand and have expertise in the various technologies needed to implement BI solutions. He / She will have experience with leading BI software packages, specifically Microsoft and/or Oracle, but exposure to other vendors is a plus (Birst, Tableau, QlikView, SAP Business Objects, IBM Cognos, etc) and should have expertise in the following areas:
- Relational Database and SQL Language
- Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) (Microsoft SSIS)
- Data Warehouse / Solution Design
- Dimensional Modeling (Kimball Methodology)
- Analytics / OLAP Cube Development (Microsoft SSAS and MDX)
- Report Development (Microsoft SSRS)
- Data Mining
- General experience working with SQL Administration (Security, Schemas, etc)
- 2-5 years of experience in multiple database connectivity and access techniques including: OLE DB, LINQ, ODBC, and COM is helpful
- Development experience with Java and/or Microsoft .NET Framework is a plus
- Business Intelligence / Reporting experience a plus
Responsibilities Will Include
- Creating ETL scripts / packages
- Data analysis, creating ad-hoc queries to verify data integrity and data quality
- Data modeling (ERD)
- System Monitoring / Performance Tuning
- Implementation, administration and maintenance of a database environment and associated file systems.
- Work closely with application developers to ensure that database environment is implemented properly and smoothly
In addition, this position requires knowledge of project management methodologies and best practices.
Required Competencies and Characteristics
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with all levels within an organization from technical to executive management
- Leadership and support role capabilities
- Ability to masterfully deal with ambiguity and multi-tasking demands
- Able to develop customer relationship.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree in computer science, information technology, engineering or related field
- 5+ years consulting or related Business Intelligence experience
- Experience with cloud-based BI tools a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Consulting background a plus
If interested in applying, please provide your resume and contact information to email@example.com.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.